Commutability in Metrological Traceability (WG-CMT)
|Name||Position||Country||Term||Time in Office|
|G. Miller||Chair||US||1st||2020 03 - 2022 12|
|E. van der Hagen||Member||NL|
Terms of Reference
- Advise IFCC Committees and Working Groups on how to assess the commutability of materials on which they are working.
- Establish procedures to use commutable reference materials, and to correct for non-commutability bias, in a metrological traceability hierarchy.
- Establish how to define the criterion for acceptable commutability that is required for a given reference material, taking into account its intended use in a metrological traceability hierarchy or for surveillance of harmonization/standardization status of results from different measurement procedures.
- Provide recommendations on verifying commutability for replacement batches of a reference material.
- How to specify acceptance criteria for commutability assessment.
- How to verify commutability for a new batch of a reference material.
- How to use a CRM in the calibration hierarchy for a measurement procedure for which the sample matrix is not intended.
List of Corresponding Members, nominated by National Societies
|Name||Full and Affiliate Member Societies|
|Keita Yamashita||Japan Society of Clinical Chemistry (JSCC)|
Working Group Chairs' contact
Greg MILLER, Ph.D.
Professor of Pathology
Director of Clinical Chemistry
Director of Pathology Information Systems
Virginia Commonwealth University
403 N. 13th Street, Room 501
Richmond, VA 23298-0286
Tel.: + 1-804-828-0375
Fax: + 1-804-828-0353